A NEW RESEARCH
CONSTRAINTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
WELL-BEING & HEALTH DATA MANAGEMENT
Increasing interest of individuals on their well-being and health explains the recent development of “quantified-self”.
Smart and efficient data management for research now consists in combining well-being data coming from quantified-self with health data.
As a result, systems are full of data waiting to be dissected, analyzed and interpreted.
The real issue is not in acquiring more data, but what to do with it.
… AND LINKED CHALLENGES
BIOMATHICS offers the opportunity to transform data into structured and relevant material, normalize it for analysis and exchange it ; at the same time, it insures a high level of security to avoid personal data breaches in accordance with standards and international principles of ethical research.
IMPACTS & BENEFITS OF BIOMATHEMATICS MODELING RESEARCH
THE QUANTIFIED-SELF [+]
We’re now accessing connected tools that allow us to become truly involved in our health, concerned and proactive, thus contributing to improve the quality of our own medical care. In recent years, a new
movement has emerged and structured: the quantified-self. This concept brings together the tools, principles and
methods for each person to measure its personal data, analyze and share them.
Tools of quantified-self may be connected sensors, measuring devices, mobile or web apps.
But the welfare and health indicators in «quantified-self» require professional expertise and medical knowledge of standardized assessment of the health and functionality of individuals to actually measure what they allege to measure.
The quantified-self generates an exponential stream of data, millions of disparate data points that need to be combined, standardized, processed and analyzed to give instantaneously a precise, relevant - and soon predictive - answer, to the individual or institution.
HUMAN SYSTEMS MODELING [+]
The sheer volume of data, compounded by the complexity of their connections, explain why it is so difficult to process using in-house databases, management tools or traditional data processing applications.
Modeling is the solution to:
• address the issue of analysis and exchange of the combined research + well-being + health data at the right time and place,
• take into consideration the chaotic features of human data, which make classical linear mathematics models inadequate.
The main purpose of mathematical modeling of human data is to clearly identify health events to:
• predict them,
• improve clinical practice and health & social care management,
• thus, develop hypothesis driven data mining (i.e., extracting information from a data set and transforming it into an understandable structure for further use).
By optimizing the transfer of skills in biomathematics, BIOMATHICS ensures linking between companies’ needs and research and development conducted in medical institutions.
The BIOMATHICS consortium activates hundreds of international database, capitalizes on and optimizes the links between worldwide medical research and longevity and aging businesses.
research team of
federated professionals on aging and longevity fields
- Screening of potential participants in future research programs
- Effective worldwide existing and operational researchers network
inducing an immediate reactivity and an increased efficiency
- Complementary & synergistic cooperation: ideas, data, individuals, teams, institutions, organizations & systems
- Acceleration of knowledge and potential applications
- Data management based on researchers consortium ethics, regardless of countries and the types of data
- International and transversal cross-fertilization between teams and fields, improving research and, eventually, elderly longevity and quality of life expectations
- Modeling data extracted from several international clinical researches
- Combining health, well-being and quantified-self data in order to model and to analyze it
- Global convergence network, state of the art consortium uniting public and private research, dedicated to the study of aging
- New products design
- Validation of marketing claims of products and services
THE RESEARCH CONSORTIUM ON BIOMATHEMATICS APPLIED TO HUMAN SYSTEMS MODELING
© BIOMATHICS 2015 - Mentions légales